Tuesday, February 22

Florida Adventure 2011 wrap-up

We're not in Florida anymore... ..Dorothy boy.

Wrapped up is right!
I just snapped this, this morning ago out in front of the apartment building here in DC.
Brrrrrrr!
Cold! Ice!
hurty fingers!

(click to increase my misery)


Ok... Florida was all fun. And I do love driving the Interstate Highways especially in the mornings.. heater below, cracked window above and a Grande Starbucks by my side all giving me wings to fly.
Maybe I should plan another mini-adventure but west of the Missouri next time.

Anyway...
Thanks again to all of you in Florida who put up with me.. you all did wonderful in providing me with lots of "fried chicken" hospitality, comfy beds and endless laughs (still laughing out loud at.. "dinner?" :-D ). And you are all invited to stay in my back bedroom (not all at once!) here in Washington should the spirit move you to do so. I'm a good tour guide. (but remember, 3 nights max ;-)

Below is a hodgepodge of video and stills I took on my 18-day excursion into the sun.
I finally found the time to put it all together.
The show is a long 7.5 minutes. Deadly long for amateur web videos, but I cut and slashed as much as I could.
Seven and a half minutes! Can you stand it?! Go pee and make some popcorn.

First one below is Hi-def for the well-connected. Smaller one below it is for computers of a lesser god. Same stuffings in both. Well, you know the drill. Sound on and up for Satchmo singin' his song.




So there we are. I'm digging in for the rest of winter with nothing on my calender.
If any of you reading this are not on my adventuring email notification listserve and would like to be, send me an email request. I'm at bbouslaugh/gmail.

So Happy Trails to all. And to all of you gaggle of readers I so do appreciate your passing interest! Without you, doing these little personal blogs would not be anywhere near the fun that it is for me. So... thank you!

Sir Wilbur of the House of Cornfed (along with the spirit of our Pioneer Princess)

Basic Training

Drill sergeants are aptly named. Their purpose in life is to drill a hole into every raw recruit that steps off the bus that Mom and Dad sai...