Friday, December 15

recent email to billandpatti subscribers

Happy Year-end Greetings to all!
The old billandpatti website has not seen much real action since we returned from our little adventure last september in the Adirondacks.
That may be because our own lives have not been too adventuresome of late, especially at this time of the year as Patti and I go into a kind of hibernation mode for the winter. Truth is, there isn't really much of interest in our lives that are worthwhile writing about or notifying you all about.

It is also that time of the year that we cut all of you wonderful subscribers loose from our subscriber mailing list.
(I do that every december and then send out another mass email invitation-to-subscribe to our journal in the spring, that is if we even intend on continuing our web journal.)
So.. consider yourselves free as of now, from any future notifications about any kind of update to our webblog.

Our web journal needs to go thru some kind of metamorphosis. It's getting old. For me, it has become stale and uninteresting and in general, just blah.
I'm not certain which direction to go with it, if any. We may just let the whole thing sit here and do nothing.
If it has become boring for me, I can only imagine how boring it has also become for you, the reader.

Well, we have all winter to come up with some kind of renewal before spring rolls around and we make our yearly pilgrimage to farmlife in Iowa. I've got some ideas to possibly start in January but oftimes ideas have a way of evaporating as easily as morning fog.

We shall see, said the blind blogger... we shall see.

Basic Training

Drill sergeants are aptly named. Their purpose in life is to drill a hole into every raw recruit that steps off the bus that Mom and Dad sai...