About 7:30 last night.
Boy did feel good to crawl into a real bed for a change.
Living out of the back of the pickup I was beginning to feel like I was living in a Goodwill drop box, it was that messy with everything piled all around.
But I did learn a lot of what I needed to modify to keep clothes, cooking, bedding, computer et al those things from getting totally out of hand as it certainly did.
I think for the next camping expedition I will get a carrier to go on top. But that won't be until next year so there is mucho plenty time to think about it.

back home.. and yeah, yeah I'm gettin'and lookin' old.. Time does it's little crunch job on all of us, doesn't it.. A lousy 15 years from now I'll be 80, totally Over-The-Hill, .....right Bob?
It's been said uncountable times in uncountable ways by all artists through time.. that if it wasn't for those toward which we bring forth our art, our works, our efforts to present something to others.. then a good deal of the doing of any of it would be rendered pointless.
Such as it is with me as well and in the doing of this little and occasional blog of Patti and me.
And so I thank all of you, whoever you are for I have no real way of telling aside from the sprinkling of comments, of who has actually continued to follow along after I quit sending out my email link backs.
Well, you know who you are, though you be named nameless here.
Future plans? pretty simple stuff.
In a week or so I will hop back in my little white wagon and drive to the Iowa farm for about a 3 week stay. Shut down the old farmhouse with it's mice and crickets, drain the water pipes, pull the electrical, lock it up and say so-long for the winter.
Then bringing Ruby out of her summer storage and putting the pickup into winter storage I will return to our DC 9th floor "nest" to hibernate for the long winter ahead, living a simple routine which has always worked well for me (and I daresay Patti too).
If the past is any indication of the future then I probably will not be blogging much, if any at all, until another road/camping trip is in the making.
But we'll see how that goes. Life is change and new things present themselves to all of us.
In any case, when another small adventure is to begin I shall send out another notification and if you want to, we can do this again.
I had fun presenting it to you.
I hope you found something in it as well.
So.. as Roy & Dale would sing.. (or Bill & Patti would sing)..
Cut! ..aaand that's a wrap.