Perfect weather for traveling down I-95. Both days. Flat gray skies, traffic-lite, a starbucks Venti coffee that I can make last for 2 hours in the morning, heat from below, window open a bit (cold from above), only the sounds of the road and I am reminded how I do love driving... especially in the morning freshness.
The road, the road, the road. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the Road Food. Do they all deliberately try to make it all so bland, dry, greasy and just bad???
I'm beginning to think they do. A hot bowl of creamed Kudzu would be more satisfying.
I am currently sitting in the back of the truck/camper at the first Florida Welcome Center. Lucky luck, luck! Their WiFi is strong so I can begin my 2 weeks of silliness in fine form.
And pity all of you fine folks who make up my "fried chicken" stops for you are all doomed to play some kind of humiliating part as a reluctant participator. Ladies, put on that make-up. Gents, suck that belly in. I'm gonna make you a star!
Tonight I plan on finding a camping spot and mingle with the other Snowbirds then tomorrow it's off to Hobe Sound for a stay with family.
Glad I'm not in that little snowstorm goin' on up north. Yesiree bubba.
ps: video doesn't load in well at this rest stop.. slow load.
Hopefully it's working better for you at home.
Basic Training
Drill sergeants are aptly named. Their purpose in life is to drill a hole into every raw recruit that steps off the bus that Mom and Dad sai...
-
The headline in the National Enquirer screamed: "Distraught Mom: 'I Flushed My Baby Down the Toilet.'" What awful vision...
-
Drill sergeants are aptly named. Their purpose in life is to drill a hole into every raw recruit that steps off the bus that Mom and Dad sai...
-
Patti & I don't usually post about other people. (afterall this little blog of ours IS about us!) However this is one time I think I...
-
When my daughter Brie was visiting me here on the old Iowa family farm a short time ago... I decided that she was old enough now, and also...
-
Where has all my previous desire to blog gone? For those of you who still occasion to check back to see if I've posted anything I do apo...
-
I got to change my ways. For those who have been checking this poor blog to see if there have been any more of those promised daily updates...
-
As I look back upon my 58 year journey thru time and life on this, our Island in the Sky.. I see that there are times when all my little Pri...
-
I haven’t watched her in years. I was once a devoted fan and thought of her as a national treasure. But finally it was just one celebrity ...
-
For the last few weeks Barbara, Bob and I have been constructing a treehouse/slide for their grandkids, Hailey and Leah. It's been a fun...
-
We're not in Florida anymore... ..Dorothy boy. Wrapped up is right! I just snapped this, this morning ago out in front of the apartmen...