Tuesday, September 15

Eagle Nest revisited



Seriously folks.. in making these videos I'm getting plum tuckered out in looking at my 64 year old face (well I used to be pretty! ..guess a few of us here could say the same, eh?) and listening to me talk, yak, yip, and yap on and on about nothing but "out there" rather than "in here" leaves a bit to be desired.
In any case it feels as though I may getting close to becoming finished..(with the blogging and journey that is) but still.. I have a ways to go.

Today marks the completion of the central core of my little journey... and my promise to Patti to bring "us" back to here in the dead center of the Adirondacks where she so often felt a longing to be. If she is with me now by our numerous attempts to "merge" our two spirits.. but I'm too much of an insensitive brute to be able to say for certain whether we were sucessful, then hopefully she enjoyed the day and our stay.
She's been gone for over 19 months now. My own sense of Wholeness has been seriously diminished.
Nothing can be done for it, I know. She can't be replaced and I wouldn't even try.

What comes next in this little ADK journey did not reveal itself to me until this afternoon on my return trip over the water.

So..
Tomorrow I will take a hike up to Castle Rock which is on the far side of Blue MT Lake. I hiked it before several years ago while Patti stayed on here in our cabin. It's not too difficult a hike but does take over 5 hours (3 hours up and 2 hours down) if I remember right and it requires some actual climbing (and huffing & puffing) and not just casual upright walking while whistling a happy tune.
But we "billy goat gruffs" can do that without skinning up our backsides. 64 revolutions around ole sol but I still have some "P & V" left in reserve.
I think.

Then, I plan on staying the night at Hemlock Hall (another lake lodge a few miles from here) and the following day I'll give Patti's & Nancy's Aunt Ruthie in Syracuse a call and seek her permission for me to pay her a little visit. (a 4 hour drive)
She is a Grand Master piano player and hopefully I can video her playing.
After that... back to DC for a couple weeks before heading to Iowa for some time on the farm before the winter sets in.

So here's today for us. It's 11 minutes which is way too long for a homemade video (I hacked off a lot of my superfluous noise.. trouble is, it's ALL superfluous noise).
Slower connections may have to give it some time to load in of course.



Until tomorrow..

Update (wednesday morning): as is with so many things, change is Life's operative M.O. I decided to not hike today but rather just hang out here at the Hedges and reply to some emails, take a short Kayak ride without my camera, drive to Long Lake and wash clothes (I reek of campfire odor), and just walk-about with no particular adgenda in mind. I'll camp out again tonight and do the Castle Rock trail tomorrow. -bill

Basic Training

Drill sergeants are aptly named. Their purpose in life is to drill a hole into every raw recruit that steps off the bus that Mom and Dad sai...