Anyway, arriving at the Wilmington Notch Campgrounds a short while ago. (It’s 5 now.. happy hour!) I found that my internal and previously gloomy atmosphere had lightened up considerably.
In giving my compass a flick of the finger this morning it eventually settled down and pointed NORTH. Now who would have thunk that?
So north I headed.
On the drive to who-knows-where, I toyed with the idea of getting a motel for the night.. cracking a beer.. turning on TV, kicking off my boots and wondering where the closest restaurant might be.
It was the idea of having a television looking at me with little or nothing of real interest and blasting it’s commercials at me that made me decide to camp out again tonight. It’s been 6 days since I have heard or even seen a television set. Not only is not missed but the idea of it is repulsive to me. This is a good thing I am thinking.
All of a sudden I am liking camping out. (but Barbara is right.. I need more sleeping/mattress space and will work on that for next time)
Someone in a nearby campsite just now turned their radio on. NPR news.. you know the music lead in.. do do do dooo do do do doooo... and my reaction was “nooooo..” I don’t want to hear it.
They must have read my thoughts because they turned it down low.
Well, I'm here for the night. It's heavy clouds and threatening sprinkles.
There is path leading sharply down to a gorge. At first I wasn't sure if I should go, it is that steep... but I went anyway. I was so pleased with the jump down and waterfall at the bottom that I decided to make a silly little video.
I got a couple of chuckles in the making of it and drained my computer battery to where it was threatening me to stop, or else!
Hope you get a grin or two out of it as well..