Monday, September 14

into the wilds.. sorta

Photobucket
Sunday night campfire



Zoom!
I ran right by the Durant Lake Campgrounds, whipped a U-eee a few hundred feet further on down the road and decided to check it out and give it a try.
We'll see what happens.
I don't think I've ever done any solitary camping in my life before but it's time to give it a whirl. I doubt that it'll be as much fun as camping out with other folks to joke with and do things with but we'll see soon enough.
Maybe I can get Bob and Barbara to accompany me the next time I travel to the Adirondacks.

As you can see it's a most spectacular view. I've walked about 20 feet down from my campsite. That is Blue Mountain in the distance. You'll be seeing more of that small mountain in future posts.
Somebody cut a tree down at just the right height just so I could sit atop it and admire the view. That was nice of them to do that although I suspect the tree might have disagreed with that point of view.

Photobucket
Just in time for "Happy Hour" too.
The sky is darkening as the sun sinks low. As you can see I've got water boiling for the pasta and sauce warming up. It's a special sauce tonight.. flavored with a few ashes. I must remember to buy some tin foil the next time I'm in civilized territory.
After a hard day of wandering about, this beer does taste good!
Here's lookin' at ya, kids!
Photobucket



GOOD MORNING COLD AND CLAMMY WORLD!

Is it time to get up already? ..and why is it so damn damp in here?
Windows totally fogged up. I had a small dream of my father who died in 1954.
Photobucket


Ok.. the day begins. First off to the Museum parking lot to see if anything on line needs my attention before my computer's battery is gasping for more juice. Then breakfast at Long Lake, then to the Hedges where I shall stay in Great Comfort and maybe even work on tomorrow's entry.
I guess if all this gets too boring for any of you and you have more interesting things to read/do, then I will certainly understand.
I sometimes bore even myself with my mental meanderings.
However it will at least be fun for me to read all of this years from now when I'm sitting in my rockin' chair in DC, too stodgy and stowed-up to go anywhere but the kitchen and bathroom and bed.
I guess maybe I'll see how that all works out too.

Until tomorrow then...it's adieu to you all. :-D


Photobucket

Basic Training

Drill sergeants are aptly named. Their purpose in life is to drill a hole into every raw recruit that steps off the bus that Mom and Dad sai...